In order to organize this event, the participants of the Model WTO 2021 will be charged a fee of CHF 50. You will only be asked to transfer your participation fee to us after you are selected and will not need to transfer any money during the application process.
What is covered by the participation fee? (only if offline event)
During the whole event, accommodation, food, beverage, and transportation are provided.
- Participation in the whole program of the conference incl. negotiations, workshops, keynote speeches, visit to the WTO headquarters and missions in Geneva
- Accommodation: As we would like to provide you with a true student experience of our university, in St. Gallen you will be hosted by a student from the 9th to 13th of April. In Geneva, from the 13th to the 15th of April (2 nights), you will be living in a hotel for which the costs are included.
- Food & Beverage: During the week, you will always get 3 meals a day: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. The event will start with a Welcome buffet on Friday. On the last day, only Lunch is included and the event officially finishes with the Awards ceremony at the WTO.
- Transportation from St. Gallen to Geneva on the 14th of April and transport from Geneva to St. Gallen (with a stop at the Zurich Airport) on the 16th of April.
- Social activities and some evening events will also be included.
- Debit/Credit Card
- Bank Transfer
- For non-CH participants: in case you are paying from outside of Switzerland, we recommend that you use a Debit/Credit Card payment, as with this method you will know the transaction fee beforehand, and it will likely be cheaper than with an international bank transfer. If you still choose to pay per bank transfer, make sure to take into account the transaction costs. Since it would be costly to make another transfer in case we do not receive your full payment, we would require you to pay the remaining amount in cash upon arrival.
- For CH participants: in case you are paying from Switzerland, we recommend that you use a bank transfer, as there is no transaction fee with this method for inland payments.
- Every selected participant receives an invoice for both payment methods per email. Please choose only one of the two, pay by the required deadline and ignore the other invoice!
- We will send you an email with the payment window where you can transfer the participation fee with your debit/credit card.
- All major cards are accepted (including Mastercard, Visa, American Express and others).
- We will send you an email with an invoice for a bank transfer.
- Please include your reference number in your transfer, so that we can recognize and confirm your payment. You can often include this in the “Note” section of a payment.
- The bank details, which are also indicated on the invoice, can be found below.
- Name: Model WTO (Höhenweg 7a, 9000 St. Gallen)
- Bank: UBS (Bahnhofplatz, 9001 St. Gallen)
- IBAN: CH84 0025 4254 1710 9840 J
- Account number: 17109840J
- Clearing: 254
- BIC/SWIFT: UBSWCHZH90A
Terms & Conditions
- International transaction costs: in case you are choosing to pay per bank transfer, please consider international transaction costs. Your acceptance is only final once the full participation fee has been received, after transaction fees. We are a non-profit and depend on the participation fees. Since it would be costly to make another transfer in case we do not receive your full payment, we would require you to pay the remaining amount in cash upon arrival.
- Currency: please transfer the total amount in Swiss Francs (CHF) only.
- Refunds: payments will be refunded in full until February 26th 2021 (100% of participation fee refunded), and in half until March 4th 2021 (50% of participation fee refunded). After March 4th 2021, no refund is possible anymore.
- Payment deadline: please pay your participation fee by the date indicated on your invoice. If you will not have paid after we have sent you a reminder, you will have to forego your spot and we will select an alternative applicant.